Monday, December 1, 2008

Tina Fey's Scar


Have you ever noticed the scar on Tina Fey's left cheek? I hadn't either until my brother pointed it out to me. After that, I couldn't look at anything else.

Today, People.com told her story.
I had always assumed she had had some kind of accident. Nothing like the way Heath Ledger's "Joker" described getting his scars... Unfortunately, that's not so different from Fey's version.

Fey says that when she was 5, she was playing in the yard in Pennsylvania when an unknown man, somehow or another, approached her and cut her cheek. Luckily for all of us, the traumatic experience hasn't hindered this gifted woman's life or career. While many would probably buckle under the pressure of such a handicap, Fey didn't grow up as one of those camera-shy self-conscious people. Pretty inspiring, really.

No comments: