Sunday, December 7, 2008

5 Restaurants: Romeo's


Romeo's was the day before Imperia.  Slightly less expensive but infinitely more delicious.  I took a date and enjoyed this rustic Italian ambiance on Barton Springs Road.  

The walls, adorned with white columns in between rooms, reminded me of a deteriorating building in Sicily.  Lighting was just dark enough to let you remember that there is a candle in front of you.  Music is low enough so you didn't have to talk loud.  Service is great.  Appetizers are appetizing.  

I had some kind of chicken with capers and angel hair pasta.  She had some kind of chicken with mushrooms and tomato sauce.  I think you could order by throwing a dart at that menu and not be disappointed.  

By my experience, Romeo's is Austin's finest Italian candle light.

No comments: