Sunday, December 7, 2008

5 Restaurants: Wahoo's


This place was... what's the word, Michael? Unique.  

I almost felt like I needed to wear a BMX, surf, skateboard or snowboard uniform.  I mean look, they even discriminate states - located only in Alaska, California, Colorado and this ONE location in Austin.  It looked like someone went to the X-Games and stole 100 stacks of those free stickers with the different snowboard brand logos.  They then covered the walls of Wahoo's Fish Taco with those stickers.  The TV's must all be playing Fuel TV - the channel with all these "extreme" sports.

I'd say the food reminded me of a much tastier version of Chipotle, but with almost all fish; the kinds of fish you've never heard of (Bonzai, Wahoo).  I've been twice and I'd say you should order the Bonzai Bowl or the Bonzai Burrito.  This is another place you can order dry or wet.  Order the burrito wet and they cover it in melted cheese and a delicious green sauce making your burrito look like a giant enchilada. mmmm.  Try it, you'll be surprised.

No comments: