Sunday, December 7, 2008

5 Restaurants: Boticelli's


A couple weeks ago, Romeo's was a success so I tried again with Boticelli's.  Last night, I was less impressed by this Italian joint located in the heart of SoCo (On the East side close to that Amy's Ice Cream).

The dining room is almost claustrophobic.  There may have been 10 parties eating in that room.  They make up for it by having a more open area in the back - the "beer garden."  One of those half outdoors kind of things with a bar and a stage for live music.  Could have been a good place to eat if it weren't freezing outside.

The food was good but I'm not going to suggest it to someone looking for good Italian in Austin.  Granted, I ordered the Chicago style roast beef sandwich (Order it dry or wet.  Wet - they dip the whole sandwich in the roast beef's juices or something.  I wish more places would do that.)  She had butternut squash ravioli - if you go there, get that.

No comments: