Monday, September 8, 2008

VMAs


Didn't the VMAs used to be fun to watch? From what I saw, the MTV Video Music Awards was awful. I don't know who the host was but he made me uncomfortable as half of the time, I wasn't sure if he was being serious or making a joke. I don't even know who most of those MTV bands were that were being nominated for all the awards. Everytime I changed the channel back to the VMAs, there was some celebrity or band whom I'd never seen before and they always seemed to look more than a tad on the strange side. I saw Britney Spears for a minute but it wasn't the Britney I'm used to. I guess she quit taking crazy pills because she looked like the 2003 version of Britney Spears and even that was somehow uncomforting. With the acception of Kid Rock, in every performance I saw, the singer was lip sinking and not well. One last thought: Why was the crowd so small?

No comments: