Thursday, September 11, 2008

Best Burger in Austin: Burger House


I'm not a big burger guy, myself. When I go to a new restaurant, I usually try something other than the sure-thing American Burger. I grew up in Dallas and if you are from Dallas, you probably already know its name but if you're not from Dallas, I'm sorry that you've had to wait this long to hear about the promised land that is Burger House. A secret recipe concocts its magical "special seasoning" which you will find on almost anything you order. Every time I eat there, as I taste the special seasoning, all the good memories of my past and future are sparked as my mouth waters in sheer delight. I have never taken a single person there who didn't think it was down right delicious. As I type this, my stomach is filled with cheeseburger and fries topped with the special seasoning. Let me tell you, it's one of the world's best legal highs. The reason I post this is because I am feeling particularly compelled to spread the gospel. Burger House is going on its third year having a location in Austin. For South Austinites, it's a tad far, but I assure you, the burger mecca is worth the quest. Located on Spicewood Springs off of Mopac, Burger House is this critic's number one burger in Austin. Tucked away in a nice neighborhood, Burger House has a warm, cedar, outdoor patio surrounded by bamboo covered with soft lighting at night time. For me it's a taste of home. Take my advice and treat yourself to something truly special. I don't think I'm exaggerating much.

No comments: