Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Piano Class


Props to musicians.
I'm taking piano 1 this semester and it's the first time I've been made to sit down and read music since I was about 8 or 9.  I have forgotten how hard it is.  I always looked at music and thought to myself, "I could do that if I practiced." Ok well I stand by that, but the amount of practice is a lot more than I ever wanted to put in.
Its one thing to understand what symbol stands for what note and to know how long to hold those notes but to go from one to the next smoothly without thinking about it is pretty impressive.  My room mate plays the piano.  He plays those really hard songs that you learn in piano class but he plays them perfectly.  Gotta give it up to people who have put in that amount of time for something like that, especially if they can make a career out of it.  I think I'll be a musician yet.

No comments: