Sunday, September 28, 2008

"..born under unusual circumstances"

You know those movie trailers that you rarely see? The ones where you have a chill run up your spine by the end? I saw one of those this weekend - "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button".  Excuse me if you've already seen it but this was such a beautiful trailer.  

With only a few short sentences at the beginning and 7 words at the end, this trailer seemed to communicate an awful lot about the movie.  It's obvious that "Button" is full of wonderful cinematography, boosted by an excellent use of color.  From what's heard in the trailer and from the few snippets I've read, the musical score is enchanting.  

I'm with other bloggers who sound worried that the trailers are giving away too much though.  The one I'm posting succeeds all too well at telling an entire story on its own.  Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing it -- watch and enjoy. (With all my talk of cinematography.. I suggest you just watch it in HD...)



No comments: