Monday, November 24, 2008

South Austin BaRestraurants

So I'll just touch on a few of the bars and restaurants that I know in South Austin.  I don't know much.
  1. Doc's Motorworks Bar & Grill is that place that looks like an old 2 door garage to a firestation or something.  It's got standard burgers and chicken tenders from what I remember.
  2. El Sol y la Luna is that place with the sun and the moon symbol... Obviously.  Good Mexican food for a standard Mexican food price.
  3. Exposé is St. Ed's neighboring Strip club.  You can't miss it.
  4. Guero's Taco Bar might be the most famous Mexican food joint on South Congress.  It's in one of Quentin Tarantino's newest movies, Deathproof.
  5. South Congress Cafe is across the street from Guero's on the same side of Congress.  I remembered it being really expensive and everything with fancy ingredients like goat cheese.
  6. Shady Grove is the restaurant on Barton Springs under the big shady tree.. oh I get it.
  7. Barton Springs Saloon is that local bar on the corner of Barton Springs and Lamar.  They never seem to card anyone I know.
I need to pay more attention when I go places.

No comments: