Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Night Facebook Statuses

So in case you haven't heard and "Shallow Thoughts" is your first source for news, Obama did it.  He will be the 44th American President of the United States and the 1st black one.

Tonight's biggest shocks for me came in the form of facebook statuses.  I hadn't predicted that people on my "friends" list would show such ugly colors after Obama won.  This is for all my fellow facebook status enthusiasts.

As soon as the results were official, happy statuses of Obama supporters started to appear.

[Joe/Jane Doe...]
  • "Yes We Can"
  • "believes in democracy!"
  • "feels patriotic tonight"
Then some McCain supporters started to get a little childish.
  • "is so happy that his hard earned money will go straight to all those stupid/lazy liberals!"
  • "is moving to Canada"
  • "is I'll keep my guns, my money, and my freedom... you can keep your CHANGE."
While it is important to note that they existed, I'm not going to post any offensive ones.  I am now ashamed to know those people and have already revoked their privilege of being on my "friends" list.

On a lighter note, here are a couple of good ones:
  • "is Ron Paul"
  • "is if you are stupid enough to leave the country over a President, please do so."

No comments: