Monday, October 13, 2008

TX OU weekend part 1


This weekend, I went home to Dallas for the Red River Rivalry. (picture left to right: me, cousin, dad, some guy, brother) It's been something of a tradition for my family and friends for as long as I can remember.  This year was in a lot of ways, exactly how I remembered it.  The State Fair was swarmed by so much burnt orange and crimson it started to hurt my eyes.  It's always cool to see the Cotton Bowl split down the center with the two colors.  This year, the stadium was improved to provide additional seating.  It can now hold 92,000 fans.  Standing at the game now feels refreshingly symmetric with its new "bowl" shape.

Even where I sat, in a section populated by a lot of older gentlemen, the fans were rowdy.  This was without the sale of alcohol inside the stadium (NCAA rules), which resulted in way too many people spewing out of the gates at half-time to get to the beer stands.  The game was about as fun to watch as you can hope for in a bowl game, especially because the team we were rooting for won.

No comments: