Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Thoughts

11:30 p.m. the night the assignment is due after a few drinks is no way to start a semester of daily blogs but you have to start somewhere.  In this optimistic spirit, I'll talk about the entertainment I've been enjoying this evening during my procrastination.  

My long time friend and new room mate moved in last week from Colorado.  During the 17 hour drive, he thought his Xbox 360 was stolen out of his car.  Not willing to go to college  when he got here, he bought a Nintendo Wii.  I know I'm about 2 years late celebrating how much fun this thing, but I want to do it anyway.  

Whoever designed the Wii was a genius. It does away with the age old stereotype that people who enjoy video games are nerdy. It's the perfect party video game because: you can play it with a beer in your hand; first time players are just as skilled as people who don't go to extreme lengths to improve their Wii bowling performance; and then there's the exercise it imposes. Dedicated Wii players stand out amongst their fellow gamers by not having overdeveloped thumb mustles.

Oh and my room mate's former room mate in Colorado called yesterday and said he found the Xbox in the closet. 

I'm gonna go play some more. Thats all I've got. Play a Wii.

No comments: